Sunday, July 21, 2013

Lost In Mobile

There seems to be a growing problem in the mobile world and that is case addiction. You may wonder what on earth I am talking about so I will explain. Take a look at the image below of Gavin collection of iPhone 4 cases-

That is a lot of cases. Some he has got as review samples, but he has bought a lot of them and seems to continually be changing his iPhone case.

I work with someone who also returns to work every Monday with a new case attached to Mobile Phone Shell his iPhone. The one he had before was fine, but he always needs something different and can be seen using a different case every day.

I thought it was a fashion thing, but I don believe it is because even I have fallen foul of this problem. When I am out in town I still look at iPad and iPhone 4 cases even though I have a perfectly good case on each. Maybe there is a better one that does the same job as my old one? Maybe I just need a change? Or maybe it is the only way to change the look of my phone and thus Bluetooth Keyboard feels like good value for money even if Leather Case For Ipad it is expensive?

I don know what it is about smartphone and tablet cases, but I know few people who only own one. We start off with a good intention which is to protect the device, but things change over time and some of us start to buy them for the sake of it.

I too look at cases to see if someone has developed something significantly better for me. Each of my devices has a thin TPU case and a screen protector (bubbles, dust and all). I have a belt loop case for my iPhone. I had another one but it was a clip rather than a loop and would pop off when I got out of the car. I just ordered another of the same belt loop case because I wouldn want to be without one. But that it for iPhone cases.

For the iPad, I now have 3 slip cases because I found something that works better twice since I bought the original.

My "addiction" is Apps. I can challenge Gavin on cases, but I think I beat most people here on Apps. Not that it a contest.

This sort of thing is common. It a collection of something you like. Some people collect shoes, some collect purses, some collect wine, and some collect mobile phones.

Shaun, how many mobile phones have you used?

Amazing. I still using the first case I ever purchased for my iPhone - one that arrived BEFORE my phone! I had to use superglue on it a couple weeks ago, but it seems better than new (in terms of structural integrity).

My wife is on her fourth case, in less time - tearing (literally!) thru two.

I did probably have a half-dozen for my prior iPhone 3GS, so I selected a style I liked before shooting for the iPhone 4 case.

We have 2 iPads in this household - and we been trying a bunch of case styles, from simple sleeves to the Otterbox industrial case, to a bluetooth keyboard. Most were purchased from an AT fire sale at $3 each (except the BT keyboard). In the end, I like the simpler cases myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis