Thursday, July 11, 2013

What do you SAVE money on

1. We use Netflix. I know this is an expense, BUT we no longer buy dvds and we wait for movies to be available on Netflix rather than go and spend a fortune at the theater for each one we'd like to see. I buy all holiday supplies after the holidays have passed and everything is 70% off. I never buy wrapping paper, tape, etc. before the holidays. :) Same goes for Christmas cards.

5. We eat at home. I can't even tell you how much money this saves. :P

I shop sales, CL, Ebay, second hand stores, and outlets for clothing and shoes for us and DD.

I almost NEVER buy anything without a coupon IE free shipping, 10% off ect.

I shop Costco 1x a month and buy meat in bulk and freeze it. I also meal plan out 2 weeks at a time so when I go to the store I can purchase everything I need at once and make many meals. I also buy store brand whenever I can and again, I use coupons!

I have bought almost all of LO items on CL, EBAY, or have been given to me. I refinished DD bedroom furniture for LO, and then refinished a ugly dresser from CL for DD. Good as new for less than $50 for both!

I am a SAHM so I try to make 1 day a week errand day and get everything done THAT DAY. That way I am not wasting gas and making un needed trips.

I am sure there are other things to add but this is what I can think of now.

* Make our own laundry detergent (super cheap and washes clothes excellent)

* Grocery shop at Alidi's and sales

* never buy clothes full price. We shop a year in advance and shop all the clearance. I buy DD's clothes for less then $3 an item always. I would buy her used but she is rough on her clothes

*got rid of our house phone so now we have internet and cell only

*no eating out

*shop for holidays and birthdays in advance and buy it on clearance. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Please review the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use before using this site. Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis